I am trying to align an image directly beside a Table

mark Stewart November 16, 2017

I am writing up a confluence page for work on a Project I worked on and would like to use some imagery to help break up the page.

I have a table which is only going about 2 thirds across the page and I want to place an image to the right of the table directly in line with the table however I cannot get it to do this.

Inserting the image and then trying to move it results in the image slotting in above or below the table.

I then tried inserting a one row one column table to align directly beside the original table to put the image in there but that did not work either.

Any help would be most appreciated

6 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

You can also use the sections and column - macros to define your own page layout.

Put a section macro on your page and into that section, put as many column macros as you want. You can set the size of each column separately. But I think, they have to have anything inside them to be sized the way you want them.

Look here for more information: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-layouts-columns-and-sections-275188613.html

parthad March 14, 2023

This did not work for me. when i insert the cursor in a table cell and try to insert the section macro, confluence boots me out of the table and inserts the section macro under the table. Has anyone else experienced the same behavior?

0 votes
Caroline Akoth December 13, 2020

Hi everybody, found a workaround for this. Insert layouts depending on the number of images you want to put side by side. If they are 3 then select the 3 columns option and add the images inside the table.

0 votes
mark Stewart November 17, 2017

Thanks Thomas - Inserting macros worked for me. Its still a bit clunky but its as good as its going to get I suppose.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

Hi Mark,

the app "Content Formatting for Confluence"  provides a macro called "align". Using that macro, you can align your image to the right of the page.

The app is not for free and there also may be others in the marketplace, but we are using this one and are satisfied with the app.

0 votes
mark Stewart November 16, 2017

Does not work. It may have had there been an option for 1 column with a sidebar. But the closest is 2 Columns with a sidebar.

Surely it can't be this difficult to align an image to the right of a table ?

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

I'm not sure if this helps you, but I think the layout called "two columns with sidebar" is really one wide column and one narrower column.  

Like Higor Soares de Souza likes this
0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

You should use the Page Layout --> Sections function, that might work for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events