I am trying to align an image directly beside a Table

I am writing up a confluence page for work on a Project I worked on and would like to use some imagery to help break up the page.

I have a table which is only going about 2 thirds across the page and I want to place an image to the right of the table directly in line with the table however I cannot get it to do this.

Inserting the image and then trying to move it results in the image slotting in above or below the table.

I then tried inserting a one row one column table to align directly beside the original table to put the image in there but that did not work either.

Any help would be most appreciated

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Nov 16, 2017

You can also use the sections and column - macros to define your own page layout.

Put a section macro on your page and into that section, put as many column macros as you want. You can set the size of each column separately. But I think, they have to have anything inside them to be sized the way you want them.

Look here for more information: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-layouts-columns-and-sections-275188613.html

0 vote
Josh Steckler Community Champion Nov 16, 2017

You should use the Page Layout --> Sections function, that might work for you.

Does not work. It may have had there been an option for 1 column with a sidebar. But the closest is 2 Columns with a sidebar.

Surely it can't be this difficult to align an image to the right of a table ?

Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Nov 16, 2017

I'm not sure if this helps you, but I think the layout called "two columns with sidebar" is really one wide column and one narrower column.  

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Nov 16, 2017

Hi Mark,

the app "Content Formatting for Confluence"  provides a macro called "align". Using that macro, you can align your image to the right of the page.

The app is not for free and there also may be others in the marketplace, but we are using this one and are satisfied with the app.

Thanks Thomas - Inserting macros worked for me. Its still a bit clunky but its as good as its going to get I suppose.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

902 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you