Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I am seeing high CPU usage while edit a Confluence page

Edited

I am seeing high CPU usage while edit a Confluence page. I have observed this behavior on both Chrome and Edge. As soon i enter edit mode CPU usage and power consumption goes up. Just viewing the page doesn't cause any high CPU usage.

This is the first time i have seen this behavior. Has anyone else observed this behavior?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Ankur Jain I just checked in my personal Confluence Cloud and no CPU usage went up :(

Thanks, @Martin Bayer [MoroSystems, s.r.o.] I will monitor the situation today and see if it happens once again. 

I am still seeing the same issue. I have four large tables in that confluence page and a lot of text information. Issue was related to the large amount of data and bad memory management of Chromium browser(s).

Hi @Ankur Jain and how did you solve it? Did you split the page to have only one table per page?

@Martin Bayer [MoroSystems, s.r.o.] I have divided one large table into multiple smaller tables. Also, I used Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser for the editing. Edge was better than the Google Chrome. Working on Chrome was almost impossible.

Hi Ankur. That's not really a solution, now is it? Just avoided the problem by splitting the table. Or is there something I am missing? Thanks for any info.

You are right. That's not really a solution but I had to go ahead with a workaround because I needed to publish the page.

Understand, thanks for clarifing this. I have this issue too, there are three tables on my page, each has about 20 rows. Nothing I would consider large tables to be honest. Something is not right with the editor. 

Go on your browser settings -> Languages -> Spell Check (Disable)

I will try this, and see if this solves the issue. Will post back with results.

Same here.

This happend today, after I switched from my old HP notebook to a Dell Latitude 5420. With the HP there were no issues at all.

I'm working with Confluence 7.13.2 and a Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit).

Same here.
Editing causes Chrome to burst in CPU usage and Memory usage.

My Chrome trend is usually Very Low, also, there are about 31 tabs opened and the total CPU consumption is 5.6% whilst Confluence page editor contributes 4.8% to.

cpuandmem.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events