I am not able to remove the thumbnail for a file I uploaded. How can I change this?

Aditi Pal October 26, 2020

I uploaded an installation file to confluence and it uploads fine however, when I click the thumbnail, I cannot change the size of the thumbnail or make it into a link which is what I really want. 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

I know this question was posed over 2 years ago, and hope you found a solution. but in case you didn't...

When uploading a file to a Confluence page directly it will generate a 'file tile'. This can be deleted, but the underlying file/attachment remains attached to the page. You can then create a link using /link to display text and call the actual file into the link. 

Since links are URL based, you will need to find the URL of the actual file, which can be copied from the Attachments sub menu on the page that can be accessed by clicking the ellipses (...) at the top right of the page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events