I am not able to login automatically by embedding credentials as part of the URL

Sundeep Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2017

We use Confluence pages as a knowledge base which we could share with our clients by embedding credentials as part of the URL.

But now I understand this feature has been disabled. 

Unfortunately, this page was not helpful. What options do I have now?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2017

The page you mention has some ways to update your code to access.  What does "not helpful" mean? (As one of them works for me and I've not tried the others)

Sundeep Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2017

Hi Nic,

As mentioned earlier, we would share a link with our clients, which with one click would open a page regarding the information they were looking for without the hassle of entering credentials or having to remember them.

Getting this link was easy, just get the link to the page and add os_username and os_password  on top of it.

We also used this feature as an inbuilt help button in our software, which again with just one click would take them to a page with the required information the user was looking for.

Since this feature was disabled, both the link and the help button just takes the user to a confluence login page which asks for login credentials. As you can imagine this has been disruptive.

Unfortunately for me, as a non-IT personnel who is tasked with sorting this issue out, the pages regarding this issue were not simple enough for me to decode the information and figure out how to move forward.

When you say one of them works, what exactly did you have to do to make it work? 

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events