I am not able to create my personal space as instructed in the help section. Can someone help?

Bharat November 29, 2021

Hi,

As per the help section, following are the steps to create personal space.

1. Choose your profile picture at top right of the screen, then choose Add Personal Space..

2. Choose Create.

But there is no option - Add Personal Space in profile section. Is the help section outdated?

Pointers to right direction are highly appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hi @Bharat Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On Confluence Cloud, a personal space is an area in your Confluence site that is automatically created for you. If its not created for you and create option is not available, it might be that your Site admin have not granted global permission to create "Personal Space" to confluence-users. You can try reaching out to them to confirm. Hope it helps.

Bharat December 2, 2021

That's right, global permission form admin is missing here. Seems intentional.

Thanks Kishan.

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

The button for "create personal space" is not shown when

1. The function for creating personal spaces has been turned off by an admin
  2. You already have a personal space

Atlassian recently changed Cloud so that you get one automatically, so case 2 applies if you're on Confluence Cloud!

Bharat December 2, 2021

I guess, for me, the case 1 applies.

How do I verify if it is Confluence Cloud that I am using?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2021

The official answer would be "click the help (?) icon in the menu bar and read the "About Jira" section".  For Cloud, it won't tell you a lot, but on Server or DC, it'll give you a box that starts off with the Jira version and some licencing info.

The quick answer is "look at the url" - if it is <something>.atlassian.net then you're on Cloud.

If Atlassian ever fix/implement CLOUD-6999, that url trick will go away and we'll have to rely on the "help" or other tricks (like checking if you have team-managed projects, or specific UI elements) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events