• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • I am getting this error for Confluence : The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set Cause com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Initia

I am getting this error for Confluence : The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set Cause com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Initia

Rajkumar Dan October 19, 2015

I have setup JIRA already. Next confluence in same box. It's was trying to integrate with same login and got this below issue.

The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

Cause

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set

at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)

4 answers

1 vote
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2015

In addition to Luiz's answer: If the permissions are not related to the case, it would be worth to check the database connection parameters with Confluence, in the confluence.cfg.xml file, from the Home folder. smile

Cheers, 

Giu

1 vote
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

Hi there,

This is probably happening due to lack of permissions to write on the Confluence Home-Directory.

Please refer to this documentation for instructions on how to set write permissions for the home folder on both Linux and Windows. This should to the trick. smile

Regards,
LM 

0 votes
Colin McDermott_GLiNTECH August 21, 2020

I found this after downloading latest database drivers. That particular version had a 0kb filesize. 

checked and yep. my driver was 0kb.. went 1 version earlier and 912kb no issues. 

0 votes
vladkras November 28, 2016

In my case it was an error during last step of installation, the part you do in browser, so I

1. stopped confluence with `# serivce confluence stop`
  2. removed all files from conflunce home dir (defaut /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence)
  3. double checked install dir and home dir user & group is confluence `# ls -slah`
  4. logged in as user confluence `# su - confluence`
  5. started conflunce again `$ service confluence start`
  6. proceeded to xxx.yyy.www.zzzz:8090 in browser to finished installation

ps. finally (it's not a part of answer to this question but I had to do it to accomplish mission) I had to increase amount of RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb to run both Bitbucket and Conflunce on same server

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events