I am a site admin and want to remove a space; But i cannot do that!

Tidus Fung June 25, 2019

I am a site admin and want to remove a space; But i cannot do that!

I found that the admin for the space is only: Formal users. I have no idea why it comes up that result and I can't remove it now. What I can do ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

Well you can edit the permissions for the space, and then add yourself and give yourself all the permissions you want. ;-)

Tidus Fung June 25, 2019

1.png2.png

Tidus Fung June 25, 2019

However, i am not able to edit the permission rights since i am not the space admin anymore. :(

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2019

OK, yet another reason to not use cloud. You will have to find the space admin to give you permission.

And it says former user not formal user. Did this person leave the company? You may have to get Atlassian support to help you.

Tidus Fung June 25, 2019

Hi Bill... Thanks loads, got it solved finally under space permission page!!!

I cam finally recover the permissions of that specific space now.

Cheers!

Theodore_Dalamagas November 22, 2019

Hi all,

I have the same problem (cloud version). I created a space, but I cannot remove it. "Space settings"/"Overview" does not show me as administrator (it says "Former user", as with @Tidus Fung. There is no Edit permission button in space permission page for that space to be able to change anything.

Any help? @Tidus Fung how did you manage to activate the edit permission button?

Best!

--

.Theo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events