Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I insert a form/button into a confluence page which invokes a remote JIRA API?

Matthew Daize November 13, 2015

I am trying to provide our users the ability to invoke the REST API of my JIRA instance from a confluence page. Eg. Kick off an issue creation by a button placed within a confluence page.

I would like the user to be prompted with a form on invoking the button, or provide input fields on the page as well.

What might be the best way of doing this?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Matthew Daize January 21, 2016

High-level, it seems that one would have to create a jQuery based form and using the HTML widget but that is quite lame...

Time to start experimenting!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

I've been looking and poking at this for my own purposes. If I find anything good and clean I will let you know. I'm personally interested in the best way to run a Curl or equivalent within Confluence. Have you considered using an Issue Collector? This is a built-in method of JIRA that can be embedded in Confluence Server pages. I gave a pretty extensive answer over here... https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31654942/answers/31673943

0 votes
Matthew Daize November 19, 2015

Any suggestions? 

Will I need to write a custom shell script to handle the webhook via HTTP request? or is there some other solution?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events