How we can import entire files (. PDF) from HD to Confluence

Mitali Ray December 13, 2018
Need to upload documents to source

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

By "import", do you mean "attach to page" or "read a doc and convert to Confluence page"?

Mitali Ray December 17, 2018

I am looking to import the folder structure as an attachment to the Confluence page. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2018

Ok, use a file manager to create an archive file of the folders and attach that to the page.

However, I suspect that is nothing like what you want.  Problem is that "import the folder structure as an attachment" does not explain what you really want to do. 

Could you explain what you are aiming to end up with?  Imagine I have no idea what your current data looks like, but I will be a Confluence user in your system - what spaces, pages and attachments do you want me to see after you've done this "upload"?

I have a lot of folders (eg A, B, C etc) containing mostly MS Formats, sometimes other broadband Formats files. Instead of attaching files to the Confluence page one by one, is it possible to attach the complete folder (Example: Folder A with different files) to the page ( maybe using drop-down or copy paste or any macro)? I am using Confluence Version: 6.6.7

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2018

Yes, you can do this in one upload if you create an archive of some sort and attach that.

Or you could flatten your "folders" into a single list of files and then attach all of them in one go.

I have all jpg files in a folder and when I am trying to drop down to the Confluence page I am getting an error on a pop up box " might be a folder or an unsupported file type." 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 17, 2018

You can't add a folder, you have to select the files you want to attach to a page and drop them in (a multiple selection is fine)

Thank you for the help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events