How to write a query that searches users on confluence

Abdullah Bakhach November 3, 2020

My tech team is divided into different product teams, with each product team working on a jira business issue with business subtasks and related technical jira projects (ie anroid/ios/backend/QA Etc).

I would like a way to programmatically display the team members. I found out that it can be programmatically done but I was wondering if there is an out of the box solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Not as far as I know. 

Recently there was a change to how users are displayed in JIRA as well - if you write a JQL query like assignee in (name1, name2, name3) you will notice that immediately after it resolves, the name1 (etc) will become a userID, and not display as a name.  This is a Privacy (PII) issue, and specifically was changed to act this way.

There is a construct of Teams in Confluence that can be used to 'group' people together, but it doesn't allow you to leverage those Teams/Groups outside mentions in Confluence.  You can find that option under the People Section in Confluence:
chrome_2020-11-05_16-07-55.png

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

(added to top level reply)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events