How to use tinymce.confluence.MacroUtils.updateMacro()

Philipp Frank March 3, 2021

I'm trying to update my macro in the editor after a user has given some input for the macro parameters (can do this in the macro property panel). I tried to use the tinymce.confluence.MacroUtils.insertMacro(e,t) method, but it replaces the macro. My goal is that only the macro parameters are adjusted to the input. I found out that there exists the tinymce.confluence.MacroUtils.updateMacro(e,t,n,r) method, but I can't find any information about the  needed parameters or a documentation on how to use it. Does someone know where I can find this information or has an example on how to use this method?

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philipp Frank March 10, 2021

I couldn't get the updateMacro() method to work. But with a little help did I found a different solution.

I am now updating my macro placeholder and macro property panel in three steps: destroy property panel, replace macro with macro with the new parameters, create property panel. This way is also the custom image placeholder updated / "rerendered". If you want to just change the macro parameters then you can also overwrite the "data-macro-parameter" String. This will save the new parameters, but won't cause the image placeholder to update / "rerender".

To see some example code look at this ticket: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/how-to-use-tinymce-confluence-macroutils-updatemacro/45809 

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

I would suggest check on the community.developer.atlassian.com . But for this community, maybe you could write an article about how to modify the editor. It would be a hot topic.

Philipp Frank March 3, 2021

Hi Bill

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it there. If I find a solution to my problem I will also explain it here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events