How to use the Chart macro to display a chart based on data from an attached file?

Greg October 26, 2020

This Chart Macro page at atlassian.com says we can "add the Chart macro to a page to display a chart based on data . . . from an attached file."

The page then explains how to create a chart on a page based on data in a table on the same page, but nowhere does it explain how to create a chart based on data from an attached file, eg, a CSV file.  Or am I mistaken?

Perhaps the macro cannot allow you to create charts based on data from an attached file.

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2020

Hi @Greg ,

As I can see, the standard Chart macro can be only saved as a png file attached to this or that page.

If you want to create a graph based on the CSV attachment, use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

The first step is to use the Table from CSV macro to show your CSV-attachment on the Confluence page as a plain table. 

The second step is to wrap your Table from CSV macro in the Chart from Table macro and create the required graph.

Note that if you specify the URL of your CSV file in the Table from CSV macro, your graph will be updated automatically at the same moment as your source file is modified.

Greg November 11, 2020

Thanks, Katerina.  I'm happy to have found the the Confluence site I am using includes the Table from CSV macro - but I'm having trouble with too.  The dates in my CSV file (eg 2020-11-11) are displayed across three columns in the resulting table.  I've asked How to get stiltsoft's Table from CSV macro to recognise commas, not hyphens to as the separator?

Eyal Zmora January 23, 2022

Hi @[deleted], 

This is exactly what I am doing, but the page displays both the graph and, below it, the table.

Any idea how to make the table disappear?

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2022

Please, check here how to hide source tables and/or chart controls.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events