How to use macroName to search for macros with a space in the title?

Sabina H_ July 17, 2015

If I have a macro like Deck of Cards, how do I search for it's usage via the macroName search function if there is a space in the name of the macro? I've tried every combination of quotes, dashes, etc, but it doesn't return any results. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

Hi Sabina,

You have to search macroName:macro to get results. Note that macroName is case-sensitive. For instance if I want to search for pages with the basic Cheese macro (inserts "I like cheese!" on a page), I would search macroName:cheese.
image2015-7-17 12:20:15.png 

You should also be aware that you can use wildcards in the macro name, so something like macroName:ch* should still return you the same results. This is useful if you're not sure if the macro name contains spaces or something weird. Just do something like macroName:deck*

Sabina H_ July 17, 2015

Hi, i know how to use the macroName search function, my question is specific to macros that have spaces in the title (like Deck of Cards). Thanks!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

Sorry, I omitted this initially but edited my answer after I posted - you can use a wildcard. See the last paragraph in the answer.

Sabina H_ July 17, 2015

Perfect!! Thank you so much!

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2015

Don't forget to mark as answered ;)

Bernd Schneider February 11, 2019

Hi,

I have the same problem, but the wildcard doesn't help. We are using ScrollVersions and almost every macro concerning this is beginning with 'Scroll'. So if I want to find all pages where an export button is used, I have to find the macro 'Scroll Export Button'.

macroName: Scroll*

finds of course everything else too. How to handle the blank? I tried everything like

macroName: Scroll Export*   -> alle pages containg 'Export' are found too
macroName: "Scroll Export*"    -> nothing is found

and so on. So please help!

Like Charlie Misonne likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events