How to use macroName to search for macros with a space in the title?

If I have a macro like Deck of Cards, how do I search for it's usage via the macroName search function if there is a space in the name of the macro? I've tried every combination of quotes, dashes, etc, but it doesn't return any results. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Daniel Eads Community Champion Jul 17, 2015

Hi Sabina,

You have to search macroName:macro to get results. Note that macroName is case-sensitive. For instance if I want to search for pages with the basic Cheese macro (inserts "I like cheese!" on a page), I would search macroName:cheese.
image2015-7-17 12:20:15.png 

You should also be aware that you can use wildcards in the macro name, so something like macroName:ch* should still return you the same results. This is useful if you're not sure if the macro name contains spaces or something weird. Just do something like macroName:deck*

Hi, i know how to use the macroName search function, my question is specific to macros that have spaces in the title (like Deck of Cards). Thanks!

Sorry, I omitted this initially but edited my answer after I posted - you can use a wildcard. See the last paragraph in the answer.

Perfect!! Thank you so much!

Don't forget to mark as answered ;)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

136 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you