How to use latex macros properly

Ciaran McDonnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can point out why the latex macro for inline equations is lifting the symbols above the regular text (see below)? 

Or if there is a better way to do this without having to write the latex code elsewhere and publish the resulting pdf to confluence?

image.png

Note that I am trying to use the LaTeX macros that were already existing in my confluence space 

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

@Ciaran McDonnell Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A quick search for latex and Confluence Cloud pointed me to 3rd-party apps available in the Atlassian Marketplace. Are you using one of these apps? Knowing which app you are using may help community members answer your question.

In addition, if you look under Related Community content on the right side of this page, you can look at questions others have posted about latex to see if they help with your issue.

Also, if you go to the page for the app you are using in the Marketplace, you should find links to documentation and how to contact support for the app.  

Ciaran McDonnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

Hi @Barbara Szczesniak

Thank you for the welcome! I have added more detail on the macros I have been trying to use - they are either the standard LaTeX macros on confluence or someone in my organisation has previously added them. 

I will keep looking using your advice in the meantime. 

Thank you!

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

@Ciaran McDonnell If you open the Apps menu in your Confluence toolbar (above the page), you should see the 3rd-party apps installed in your Confluence instance. 

Bailey_PolarisOffice March 26, 2024

@Ciaran McDonnell 

If you're looking for an addon for adding LaTeX in a Confluence page, I would recommend our app, LaTeX EASY math equation for Confluence .

LaTeX EASY math equation for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace 

You can choose inline/ block mode when you add LaTeX. As well as, it provides real time preview and selectable formula entry UI so you can easily add and edit formulas.
Also you can try it free!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events