How to use confluence webpage to find labels?

Andy July 27, 2018

Does anyone know if its possible to use confluence to find a label in a user story, epic or task for instance and save that search? Then come back on another search session and edit the labels to do a new search and then save that search session?

At this time I was looking at the content by label macro and it looks like it has a static searching. You have to put in the label you want when you create the macro. If you want to change the label your searching for you have to go into edit mode and change it every time you want a different search.

I dont seem to find any other macro to have a dynamic search?

I dont have to use confluence to do this but I would like to so that I can do reporting since that is my ideal situation. What do other people out there do in this situation?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

You can search for specific labels using search syntax. Example is below. This will give you urls like the second example below that you could save off wherever you want.

labelText:stuff
 https://{your_server}/dosearchsite.action?queryString=labelText%3Astuff
Andy July 27, 2018

Thank you for the reply. I will try it. I guess the only search capability in confluence is static label search strings using the content by label macro?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events