How to use an excel attachment across multiple pages

Daniel June 16, 2021

I have attached my excel document to my page and in the subpages i am trying to access the excel document to be able to use the excel macro on these pages but i keep seeing "No appropriate attachments" is there a way i can use the excel macro on all the subpages using the same excel document from the main page? 

I have tried using excerpt and then excerpt include but it still cant see the attachment for some reason same with pulling the file with CTRL + M. 

2 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Daniel ,

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance (it's our addon), we can suggest using the following workaround with its macros:

• store your Excel data in the CSV format
  • use the Table from CSV macro to turn your file (attachment) into a Confluence table
  • use the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros to reuse your table as many times as you want on different pages and in different spaces
0 votes
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2021

What is the confluence version you are using? 

Using Excel as an attachment, and keeping it in excerpt include seems to work for me (Confluence cloud).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events