Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use add-page macro to copy an existing scaffold page?

Adam Adam July 12, 2011

I have currently setup an add-page macro link as follows:

{code}

{add-page-form:labels=open|parent=@self|type=page|source=Case Template|prefix=Customer Case }Add Case{add-page-form}

{code}

In the page Case Template, I have scaffold data entered.

When I attempt to execute this macro, it appears to bring up the source of the source page, but when I hit save, it says Page Not found.

It never actually saves the cloned page.

When I add a scaffold tag at the top and bottom of the page, it does allow the cloning to occur, but the reporting plugin cannot view the scaffold data.

Since I am forced to copy existing pages as my templates (Space admin won't allow us to have our own templates), is there anyway for me to accomplish this?

1 answer

0 votes
David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2011

From what I gather... you're kind of limited not being able to use templates. I think your issue is that you need to specify a unique name for the wiki page... so if you did something like:

{add-page:labels=open|parent=@self|type=page|source=Case Template|name=Customer Case %child-counter:next% }Add Case{add-page}

You'll generate a unique name (Customer Case 1, Customer Case 2, etc) each time the page is saved. You will still see the source code when you click on the link to add the case, however if you click save, you'll then be shown the form where you can fill out the contents. Not ideal though...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events