How to use Grammarly with Collaborative Editing?

Jan Benhelm May 3, 2018

Since the introduction of collaborative editing, Grammarly, my preferred spell checking software (https://www.grammarly.com/), stopped working when editing pages in Confluence. It still works when editing templates where no collaborative editing is available at the moment.

1. Is there a way I can get this to work?
  2. Can I switch off collaborative editing at times to perform my spell checks?
  3. Is there another spell checker that works on Mac and Confluence with collaborative editing switched on?

Thanks, Jan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

Hello Jan,

There is an open feature request: Support for Grammarly extension in Collaborative editing, you can watch it to be updated and vote for it.

You can disable collaborative editing but it's for the whole instance, see documentation.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Jan Benhelm May 3, 2018

Thanks Manon, for pointing me to the ticket. I hope this gets a concrete assignment anytime soon. -Jan

stevesparks November 21, 2018

This needs to be fixed. I am much less likely to use confluence until this is resolved. Honestly, the product has gone from a 4-star product to a 2-star product by breaking the spelling and editing tools.  The irony is that as I create this comment, Grammarly is working fine. 

Jan Benhelm July 24, 2019

Hello Manon,

the evolution of this topic is a rather frustrating experience. Could you provide me with an update, please? How far are we away from the ticket mentioned above getting any attention or an assignment at least? Shall we write this off?

Thanks, Jan

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2019

Hi @Jan Benhelm

We're a community of users, we do not work at Atlassian. I'm afraid I can't give you any other update than what's written on CONFSERVER-44321. You can check Implementation of New Features Policy to understand how this is reviewed.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events