Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to update confluence page with nicely looking JIRA links by "confluence.update_page" in python

Edited

Hello there, I'm using python and update_page() function to post some html. Using something like:

<p>https://example.atlassian.net/browse/EXA-123</p>

will be plain text, however is it possible to reach an output like the one on attachment?
This view is being done automatically when i copy-paste JIRA link manually, however I've no idea how to reach it with html.

13123.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
'<p><a href="{url}" data-card-appearance="inline" class="external-link" rel="nofollow">"{url}"</a></p>'

working html format ;p

0 votes
Dominic Lagger Community Leader Apr 21, 2022

Hi @Szymon Kołodziej 

I would suggest you not using HTML, instead use the storage format of confluence. 

Then you will notice, that a jira issue is like so: 

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="jira"
ac:schema-version="1"
ac:macro-id="1e82e54a-c515-4a93-b86f-d4b3a83427ce">
<ac:parameter ac:name="server">Jira</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="columnIds">issuekey,summary,issuetype,created,updated,duedate,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="columns">key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="serverId">ff94f833-c264-3d1f-a236-7bdb5d13106c</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="key">JIRA KEY</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

Regards, Dominic

I found option with html :p since your solution returned me some error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

167 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you