How to update a page with Python using REST API?

I am trying to set a Confluence page restriction using Python and the Confluence REST API.  I am not having any luck on Confluence 6.0.4

My code snippet is

create={ "type":"page",
"title":"1.1.23",
# "restrictions":[{"operation": "read","type":"group", "name": "cam-1.3"}],
"read":{"operation":"read","restrictions":{"group":{"results":[{"type":"group","name":"cam-1.3"}]}}},
"ancestors":[{"id":"25994717"}],
"space":{"key":"~danciarlette-admin"},
"body":{"storage":{"value":'<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="attachments" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="ec23f1c2-0df6-437d-9ad0-d1e0b1248811"><ac:parameter ac:name="upload">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p>',"representation":"storage"}}
}

r=requests.post(url, data=json.dumps(create),auth=('admin', 'admin'), headers=({'Content-Type':'application/json'}))

It creates the page but the restrictions are not there.

Any help or pointing me to a resource would be great.

Thanks.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, Daniel.

The restrictions cannot be set while creating a page through the REST API. And currently, there's no official REST API call that will allow you to set restrictions in Confluence pages/spaces.

However, I was able to find two other topics in our community with alternatives to set it:

1. This topic covers how to add permissions using the CLI plugin: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-set-page-Restrictions-to-users-using-Confluence-APIs/qaq-p/529144
  2. And on this topic, another user was able to add restrictions through an experimental REST API call: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Set-Page-Restrictions-using-Confluence-REST-API-v5-5/qaq-p/487662

In short, you'll have to make at least two calls to get your page created with the proper restrictions.

I hope it helps, Daniel! :)

- Mallmann

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you