Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a page with Python using REST API?

Daniel Ciarlette July 30, 2017

I am trying to set a Confluence page restriction using Python and the Confluence REST API.  I am not having any luck on Confluence 6.0.4

My code snippet is

create={ "type":"page",
"title":"1.1.23",
# "restrictions":[{"operation": "read","type":"group", "name": "cam-1.3"}],
"read":{"operation":"read","restrictions":{"group":{"results":[{"type":"group","name":"cam-1.3"}]}}},
"ancestors":[{"id":"25994717"}],
"space":{"key":"~danciarlette-admin"},
"body":{"storage":{"value":'<p><ac:structured-macro ac:name="attachments" ac:schema-version="1" ac:macro-id="ec23f1c2-0df6-437d-9ad0-d1e0b1248811"><ac:parameter ac:name="upload">true</ac:parameter></ac:structured-macro></p>',"representation":"storage"}}
}

r=requests.post(url, data=json.dumps(create),auth=('admin', 'admin'), headers=({'Content-Type':'application/json'}))

It creates the page but the restrictions are not there.

Any help or pointing me to a resource would be great.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi, Daniel.

The restrictions cannot be set while creating a page through the REST API. And currently, there's no official REST API call that will allow you to set restrictions in Confluence pages/spaces.

However, I was able to find two other topics in our community with alternatives to set it:

1. This topic covers how to add permissions using the CLI plugin: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-set-page-Restrictions-to-users-using-Confluence-APIs/qaq-p/529144
  2. And on this topic, another user was able to add restrictions through an experimental REST API call: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Set-Page-Restrictions-using-Confluence-REST-API-v5-5/qaq-p/487662

In short, you'll have to make at least two calls to get your page created with the proper restrictions.

I hope it helps, Daniel! :)

- Mallmann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events