Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Confluence correct ?

Deleted user September 29, 2015

I have to reinstall Confluence on Win2012, so I went to the uninstall in Programs (add/remove), after that I noticed that the uninstaller is not doing a good job, I still have all files on the installation folder and I assume that the registry is messy as well. What is the best way to have a clean uninstall of Confluence ? (would be very nice if the ones who write the uninstall also do test it a bit wink)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2015

Hi there!

If there is some corruption with the installer, I would recommend to reinstall Confluence using the same place and name, then try to remove it once more.

I would then remove manually the home folder (which is not removed using the uninstaller) and search in the registry if there is any mention to confluence.

If you have an issue with a specific version of Confluence installer, please let us know so we can test this version.

Regards,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Deleted user October 1, 2015

Hello Rodrigo, thanks very much for your answer, I did a reinstall and it now worked, however I still feel an uninstall should do what it says: uninstall and clean up tidy. If not it's a messi.

1 vote
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2015

Hello Team,

You can try uninstalling Confluence using another method as described heresmile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events