How to turn on "Subscribe to all blog posts" for all users?

Hi, and thanks for reading. Our company's directors are requiring that all users receive emails on all blog posts. The "Subscribe to all blog posts" setting is exactly what we want, but currently each user needs to enable it manually. How are we able to change this setting for all users?

If there is no official way to perform this (e.g. via the administration console), then we /may/ consider executing a DB query -- this is however the least preferred option due to the associated risk.

Thank you,

Saul

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Nov 22, 2012

Hi,

As far as I know there's not admin feature for this, but to give you a clue on the database side: these settings are stored in the NOTIFICATIONS table, so you might want to check the contents of the table, modify the settings for an user on the user interface to receive these notifications, then check the new row inserted in the table. You can then use that row as a reference for the rest of the users.

Please be sure to perform a database backup before modifying any of the data directly and it is advised to test how this work, on a test environment first. Also, please note that direct database modifications are not officially supported.

Cheers,

Peter

As an addendum to my own question, this previous question described the NOTIFICATIONS and the FOLLOW_CONNECTIONS tables -- however it is not clear to us from looking at the tables' descriptions what fields should be modified and what the values should be.

We could likely work this out by running some selects on our own DB, comparing records of users with different settings. But we feel that in this case the benefit is outweighed by the risk, therefore we won't be going ahead with unsupported DB mods.

Thank you Peter for taking the time to reply.

This widget could not be displayed.

As an addendum to my own question, this previous question described the NOTIFICATIONS and the FOLLOW_CONNECTIONS tables -- however it is not clear to us from looking at the tables' descriptions what fields should be modified and what the values should be.

We could likely work this out by running some selects on our own DB, comparing records of users with different settings. But we feel that in this case the benefit is outweighed by the risk, therefore we won't be going ahead with unsupported DB mods.

Thank you Peter for taking the time to reply.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

487 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you