Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfert single page(s) from one wiki to another one having the same version ?

Matthias Basler November 27, 2011

Background:

We have installed a Confluence wiki at a public authority. Due to security restrictions this wiki cannot be edited from outside their office. However our company is supposed to regularly add and update content. So we have installed (almost) the same version (4.0.4 vs. 4.0.3) of the wiki at our office.

What we need to do:

We need to push our local changes to the official wiki by exporting edited page(s), sending them as files and get them imported at the official wiki. We are aware that this is not the way a wiki is supposed to be used, but there might not be an alternative...

How to do this?

- I am aware that it is possible to export/import spaces, but we cannot completely overwrite the space at the official wiki in case other users have done changes to other pages.

- There's the possibility to export page(s) to XML, even including comments and attachments. However I gather from the documentation that trying to import such file via the Administration UI (Backup and restore) would overwrite the *whole* space, instead of merging the contained pages into the space.

- I also know that it is possible to import pages from text files. This would somewhat work if there was a way of *exporting* a page to such text file with all its wiki markup. (Mind you, the markup is not visible any more in Confluence 4!) Moreover I doubt it would be possible to transfer pages WITH images/attachments this way.

So what would you recommend?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2011

Confluence Command Line Interface has a copyPage action that can be used to copy pages. Normally copies to the same instance, but there is also a targetServer parameter. Check the Documentation and Examples pages. For Confluence 4.0, you will need 2.4.0 or higher.

AppFire - http://www.appfire.com/ has a commercial plugin for keeping instances in sync.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events