How to transfer pages to another Confluence instance (without space export and bob CLI)?

Markus Raab January 31, 2018

Hey,

it happens quite often that I test something on our Confluence test-instance and create pages (with attachments) on that test-instance. At some point I want to transfer those pages including child pages to our productive environment. Both environments are basically identical, except that the DB of the test-instance is usually a couple of months old.

Is there no opportunity to do that?

I just found:

• Manually copy / paste each individual page in edit mode
  • Space export/import (which does not apply in our situation)
  • bob swift CLI solution (which is quite expensive and complicated just for transferring pages)

Hope you have a better idea to solve that...

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Dear @Markus Raab,

not easy, but free of charge - use the REST API of both Confluence instances.

Do you need help where to start first?

So long

Thomas

Markus Raab January 31, 2018

Not easy does not sound that good ...

I can't imagine why this is such a big deal, but obviously it is. 

Do you have any information for starters? Till then I probably have to manually copy page by page.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Dear @Markus Raab,

have a look at this page. There are some samples to get "warm".

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

Note: When you read my answer from this article, you can learn from a working example written in PHP. Its for Jira, but with minimal adaption it can also talk to Confluence.

Markus Raab February 1, 2018

@Thomas Deiler Thanks for your input again - I see, there is a clear answer for now: it's way too much time and effort for such a simple feature. I keep it in mind, but will not go for it now. Thanks!

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2018

Dear @Markus Raab,

so was my answer fine enough to be 'accepted'?

Many Thanks

Thomas

Markus Raab February 5, 2018

Hi @Thomas Deiler

oh I was not aware about the badges, etc.

Sure ..why not.

Jaime Hablutzel May 17, 2019

Being May, 2019, isn't there yet a simple open source (or unexpensive) solution for performing just this?, i.e. copying pages and childs (including all related contents, e.g. attachments, comments, etc) from one Confluence instance to another?.

Like # people like this
info September 11, 2019

I'm with Jamie and Markus 2019 and (if we, 'non programmers', want Confluence to be more widely used ) we still don't have a superquick n simple way to securely copy/move content from one confluence instance to another (be it cloud or server or or).  Please let me know if something surfaces else will assume not quick nor simple.

Like # people like this
6 votes
Chris Jones September 12, 2022

has anyone tried something like this?

1. In Confluence site 1, create a new "temp" space. --make sue the key does not exist in target Confluence site.
  2. Copy or move content to temp space.
  3. Export the temp space.
  4. Import the temp space to Confluence site 2.
  5. Move the content to the target Space.
  6. Delete the temp space.
Robert Kirchmann October 7, 2022

It worked well for us.

Like # people like this
SS October 25, 2022

This is the 'native' solution.

Like # people like this
mark December 8, 2022

Can you give more details on how to import a space?

1 vote
Samuel Westen April 27, 2022

Still no native solution?

MarkusS June 2, 2022

Move to Notion :-)

Like Mac likes this
Samuel Westen June 2, 2022

Notion is nowhere near as customisable as Confluence.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events