How to track time to first response comments and inline comments

Michelle Tan May 1, 2023

Is there a way to track time to first response for Confluence page comments and inline comments within a specific space? I want to measure feedback resolution time. Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hello and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Based on my understanding, it seems like you're currently gathering feedback on Confluence pages through comments or inline comments. Although I haven't had the chance to experiment with Confluence automation yet, I did come across some documentation that suggests you can set up a trigger to capture comments. However, it's important to note that you may need to create certain conditions to ensure it's the first comment and use smart values to calculate the time difference between the comment and page creation. While I haven't tried this out myself, it's definitely worth exploring.

If you're already familiar with Automation for Jira, I recommend checking out the Automation for Confluence documentation to see how you can implement this. For your convenience, I've included a link to the documentation below.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-is-confluence-automation/

Michelle Tan May 4, 2023

Thanks, Ivan! I'm not looking to track when the first comment to a page was made, but rather when the time from when a comment was made to when it was answered or resolved (for inline comments). Would this automation still apply or is there another way to track this feedback resolution time? Thank you!

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Partially, yes. When capturing page comments and inline comments in Confluence automation, they are recorded as a single comment event. There's a smart value that allows you to retrieve the date/time of the comment, which you can use to create logic around it. However, I'm not certain if it's possible to capture when an inline comment is resolved.

Regarding feedback gathering, I think you should use a more structured approach, especially if you need to report on time. Inline comments aren't intended for that purpose, so it might be a good idea to explore other options. If you're interested in more robust automation choices, you might want to check out some of the marketplace apps. For example, some of them, like ScriptRunner, will provide you with more autonomy since you can create scripts and code it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events