How to trace the person who move a page or a set of them

Francoise DUCLOS February 25, 2020

I would like to control who moves pages to be able to explain the best pratices to the right person :-). In fact when I move a page, without to change it, I have no history about it, how to check the author of the movement?

1 answer

0 votes
Kev February 25, 2020

Hi @Francoise DUCLOS ,

I'm not sure on tracking the history of page movements, but you can certainly track changes and who changed a page last by viewing the "Page Information", or "Page History" options from the three dots menu.

In terms of preventing people from moving the pages, you can set this under the "Restrictions" menu option.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kev

Francoise DUCLOS February 25, 2020

yes, I can track the changes (history) but not the movements of  page, that's the problem

Usins restrictions could be not the best way, depending the use that I want to offer to my readers.

I am looking for something kiste a "lock" button

Thanks for you respond ans your time

Best regards

Like Kev likes this
Kev February 25, 2020

I think the only thing you can do is to use restrictions to determine which users can view/edit your page.

The problem is that anyone with edit permissions can also move the page. so you may have to lock permissions down to just those users that you're happy to allow edit permissions to.

Kind regards...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events