How to test my article review timer automation?

Brady Buttrey April 16, 2024

I am trying to test my article review timer, which sends an email that an article needs to be reviewed for relevancy and accuracy once a year. To test it, I am changing it from 1 year to 1day, but nothing is happening, even though the articles were created more than 1 day ago. I have attached a screenshot of my automation, am i doing something wrong or missing something? 

article_Review_Timer_1D.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Looks like the branch is looking for inactivity in the last day, then the IF is looking for something published less than 1 day ago.  The IF will never find anything.

I'm having a little confusion on how to set this up. This structure was suggested to me, so I'm not completely familiar with it. Do you have any suggested changes? 

Thank you ahead of time. 

I believe I was able to get it working using a page branch. I think it got articles working.png

Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Your original approach wasn't bad, you just needed to adjust the IF statement so that it found pages to act on. The rule was grabbing pages untouched within a day, then asking it to find new things less than a day old. 

The second one works as it's just using the branch condition in place of the if then.  Both are valid ways.

Like Brady Buttrey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events