How to tag/mention a Jira issue in wiki/comments in Confluence Server?

Vivian Tang April 22, 2018

I want to do simple tags like @ and # in Confluence for Jira issue ids, as copying and pasting is annoying for users. 

Is there a way to do this?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

Vivian,

Even after creating the application links, linking (copy/paste) is the only way I know of to complete your requirement.

• It would be powerful if searching for an existing issue was in the create JIRA issue pop-up.

CREATE.jpg

0 votes
Bishoy Ayoub April 27, 2021

@Vivian Tang I think i found the answer to your question, provided you know of course the issue number you would like to tag, so instead of @ which is used to tag users .. if you would like to mention an issue avoiding the copy/paste (to include it as a link) you can use the [issuekey-issuenumber] - it's important to use [ ] signs ( ex. [ABC-123] ) 

0 votes
Vivian Tang April 22, 2018

Hi, I think my previous question wasn't clear. What I meant was, I would like the following (or similar):

#jira-id - link made for the jira issue on confluence page

OR

[jira-id] - link made for the issue on the confluence page

..or similar. The syntax is not important but the ease of use is i.e. an alternative to copy and pasting from Jira, when Jira is already an integrated application link.

Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2018

you can use the jira issues macro I mentioned above to list out the jira issues you want on a confluence page with links back to the issue in jira

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2018

Can I ask how you are trying to use the @ mentions?  Do you want the user to be notified in confluence when the jira issue changes status?

you can @ mention any user that is on your confluence server license in your confluence instance.

Try using the jira issues macro to display the issues that you want using JQL.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/jira-issues-macro-139380.html

for # unfortunately confluence doesn't use this.  But you can organize pages by labels if you'd like:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/add-remove-and-search-for-labels-136419.html

hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events