How to tag collaborators in drafts?

Mariya Rybak October 26, 2021

I'm trying to tag colleagues in specific sections of a draft I'm writing. I tried to do this via in-line comments, but realized those don't notify the tagged users until the draft is published. I'd like them to see the specific spots I tagged them in for input.

The only workflow options I currently can see are (1) publishing the page early and triggering the in-line comment notification to fire, or (2) inviting colleagues to edit the entire draft and hoping they see the in-line comments when they look at the entire page.

Is there a better way to do this while keeping the new page in draft mode?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

Hi @Mariya Rybak The second option which is to invite other members to edit the draft is best suited in your case Or else you can explore a third party plugin as mentioned by Fabian. Other option is to manually publish the page by restricting the view/edit to certain users and open it for all to view once the content on it is finalized.

Mariya Rybak October 27, 2021

Oh, page viewing restrictions! That seems so simple now. For my team's purposes, I like this better than the draft space since it wouldn't require moving the page from a draft space to the final space, and I can imagine a whole draft space getting confusing. While the Comala/third party app plugin seems the most built-out and streamlined, that would require our security team's review and approval while permissions adjustments don't require anything.

Thank you all!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

Yes, page restrictions is your best option then! 😀
If you have found my answer useful, you can mark the answer as accepted so that it will help others having similar question..

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

Hi @Mariya Rybak

Option 1 would be the way to go out of the box.

If your requirement is to ensure that the page keeps a draft status vs approved, there are plugins available that can help. 

We use comala workflows: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/142/comala-document-management?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

But there are many others.

1 vote
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

@Mariya Rybak Another option is to create a "draft" space.  Then publish the page in the draft space.  This allows you to notify your coworkers.  Once the page is ready, you can move it to the final space.

This workflow is used by some of our customers for Document Control.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

This is a good option as well, thank you @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- for the suggestion!

Like Angelica Nieman likes this
0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2021

Hi @Mariya Rybak 

Looks like the suggestions from other community members have given you some great ideas. As Fabien and Marc mentioned, there are plugins available on the Marketplace that can help you extend the capability of Confluence.

Comala Document Management can help you implement a completely customised review process, this includes automatically removing restrictions when your document reaches the approved state. Soon we'll be added the capability to automatically add restrictions to content that has not been approved.

You can automate publishing of draft content to a separate published space with our companion app Comala Publishing.

If you want to learn more you can check our our webinars

Finally, you or your security team are welcome to contact our friendly Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com to help complete your security review.

All the best

James

P.S. Thanks for the recommendation @Fabian Lim!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events