How to subscribe to Outlook calendar from Confluence Team Calendar?

Farzad Panahi November 20, 2012

The question is whether it is possible to subscirbe to an Outlook calendar from Confluence Team Calendar. If it is not possible, is it in the roadmap?

2 answers

0 votes
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi Daniel,

We initially really liked your TCP but request for basic features and with your answer's as 'NO' for most of them , is actually preventing us from purchasing this plugin.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

@Dipti - We completely understand that the inability to subscribe to a calendar in Outlook for mac may be a limiting factor for your business needs. Unfortunately this functionality simply does not exist in the Mac Outlook Client.

What are your other concernes that are preventing you from adopting Team Calendars?

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2012

Daniel,

Even if we already have a leave software in place , still we wanted the TCP and integrate both the leave tools . But absence of any sort of exposed API is acting as a bigger hindrance.

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2012

Farzad,

When creating a new Team Calendar it is possible to both subscribe to a calendar from a URL or import an ics export of another calendar. Both of these operations would take external data and populate it into team calendars.

If you are after the converse operation, exporting Team Calendar Data into Outlook, we have the document below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Subscribing+to+Team+Calendars+from+Microsoft+Outlook

Farzad Panahi November 20, 2012

Hi Daniel,

I guess this is more of an Outlook question, but basically I cannot find the subscription URL in Outlook for the calendar that I want to subscribe to. I was wondering if you guys already have the step-by-step document that can get me there.

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

Hi Daniel,

Do you support import of the calendar into outlook in Mac os ?

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

@Farzad - It is still unclear to me the operation you want to perform. Do you want to subscribe to a Team Calendar from Confluence? Or do you want to Push an Outlook calendar to Team Calendars?

@Dipti - We have the folllowing feature request that has been resolved as "won't fix". It appears as if Outlook for Mac simply does not support this feature.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-977

Farzad Panahi November 27, 2012

@Daniel: I want to push an outlook calendar to team calendar.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

@Farzad - You will have to perform an ics export of your Outlook calendar and then import that ics into team Calendars.

Here is an external document on how to create that ics export in Outlook.

http://www.techhit.com/outlook/export_calendar_icalendar_ics.html

When you create a new Calendar from within Team Calendars there is an option to perform an import from an ics export. Simply browse to your ics file and peform the import.

Farzad Panahi November 27, 2012

I think still we are not on the same page. What I mean by subcsribing to a outlook calendar from team calendar is that I want to be able to see all my outlook calendar events from team calendar on an ongoing bases.

So for instance imagine right now I have the following calendars in my team calendar:

1. Project Alpha [jira calendar]

2. Awesome holidays [events calendar]

Now I want to subcscribe to my outlook calendar, so I want to have:

1. Project Alpha [jira calendar]

2. Awesome holidays [event calendar]

3. My Outlook Calendar [subcsicbed calendar]
Please note that I do NOT want to import calendar. I want to subcscibe to outlook calendar in order to make sure when an event gets updated in my outlook calendar, I would see the update in my team calendar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events