Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop emails when copying page tree?

Susan Kelley February 9, 2021

We recently conducted the Copy Page Tree function, which then auto-sends an email to all page watchers for the change made to EVERY page. Is there an easy way to disable this function when copying all pages in the tree?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

Hello Susan, 

Thank you for raising this question; I can see how annoying that is. I'm happy to help you narrow down what the cause may be.

Confluence's native Copy page hierarchy feature is in the works, and we expect to release it soon. You can follow its progress on ticket CONFCLOUD-2814. In the interim, your Confluence administrator likely installed a Copy page tree add-on from Atlassian Marketplace. Can you see which one your site is using so we can narrow down the issue?

It seems the add-on makes a change to your pages, and then Confluence sends out an email to anyone subscribed to receive those notifications. However, Confluence is supposed to look out for bulk updates to avoid spamming the users.

You get immediate emails for important notifications (like mentions and new pages), but when lots of changes are being made at the same time, you'll only receive a single email with all the changes (within a 10 minute window).

I suspect the add-on might be making the changes individually in the database, so Confluence can't tell these are bulk changes. If you can find out the add-on name, I can help look into this for you and see if it's a known issue.

Best regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events