Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start synchrony with Confluence data center 6.6 ?

Eddy Fras May 18, 2018

I found in the synchrony doc (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/collaborative-editing-for-confluence-server/) :

The Synchrony Service executable is extracted from Confluence into the home directory. It will be named ‘synchrony-standalone.jar’, and a second java process will be spawned with the above mentioned jar as the entry point.

I have this jar available in the installation dir but when I start confluence, no other process is spawned.

I found a lot of documentation to have standalone synchrony nodes in a specific cluster working with confluence data center nodes but I don't need this kind of configuration.

Is it possible or do I need to run synchrony standalone as a service ?

2 answers

0 votes
Bojan Kalicanin June 25, 2018

Hi,

If you have not installed standalone Java on the server on which you are running synchrony, change this line:

# Optionally configure JVM
JAVA_BIN="java"

to this (if you have default installation of confluence):

# Optionally configure JVM
JAVA_BIN="/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/bin/java"

Problem is that in script there is just call for java, which will be found if you have standalone install of Java in the environment variable $JAVA_HOME or $JRE_HOME. If you do not want to install separate Java, beside Java shipped with confluence you can use JRE in /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/bin/java, or you can export related variable.

0 votes
sarath sasi May 18, 2018

Hi,

Do you have synchrony start up script available?.You have to start the script.

Eddy Fras May 18, 2018

Hi,

Thanks Ssasi for your answer.

Well, I only found a start-synchrony.sh script in $INSTALL_DIR/bin/synchrony but i understood that it's used to start a standalone synchrony node in a cluster

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events