How to split up a page

Elisabeth Melissen January 16, 2023

Hello,
I have read multiple articles about this topic, and I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to split up a confluence page into multiple onces (just like Word does). 

I find this extremely inconvenient and I am wondering if maybe, in the meantime, this has actually become possible? 

If so, can somebody explain to me how? 

(I am dealing with an excessive amount of documentation and splitting up everything in child pages will be a timeconsuming and cluttered drama)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2023

Hi @Elisabeth Melissen 

Not on the UI - Confluence pages are designed to be one, scrollable page.

You could use some of the macros/editing tools to split the content on the page into different sections, and make it easier to navigate perhaps?

For example use the...

• Header Text for Titles of each section
  • Divider Macro (keyboard shortcut = ---) to divide the page
  • Panel Macros to highlight different sections
  • Table of Contents Macro to summarise the titles at the top of the page, with hyperlinks
  • ...etc

---

Otherwise, the alternative is to split a long page into child pages. I appreciate this would be time consuming, but it would make the documentation easier to manage and digest in the future.

Ste

Elisabeth Melissen January 16, 2023

Thank you for your reply!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events