Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort tables in Confluence

Karine Proulx September 5, 2019

The reference here says we can sort column in a table in confluence using the top arrow on the column header.  Yet, I do not have that option in my table, any explanation why?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/tables-136463.html?_ga=2.28793468.1174453499.1567703918-1835581925.1565034963

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Jacqueline Bietz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2023

Hi!

I'm happy to share that we have delivered a solution that allows users to easily sort table contents in the editor in Confluence Data Center 8.7. Please see our documentation to learn more about tables.

Kind regards,

Jacqueline Bietz

Confluence Data Center

hossein esmaeili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2024

Thank You! :) 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2019

Sorting is visible after you save the page and it is not in edit mode.  If you are editing the page the sorting option will not be available.  You also need to make sure that you have column headers that you can sort on.  If you do nave a header column you will need to add it.

Karine Proulx September 6, 2019

Hello, I confirm that when viewing the page (not in edit mode) and making sur I have a header row in my table, the little sorting arrow still don't appear.  Any idea why?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Did you hover over the headers so the sorting arrows appear?

Karine Proulx September 9, 2019

Yes.  I see the arrows on other tables in the same confluence space.  But in this one specefic they don't appear, perhaps because of some lines below that are merged ?

Like hossein esmaeili likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2019

I tested on my instance an if lines are merged then sorting is not available.

Like hossein esmaeili likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events