• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to show the task of a login user in a dashboard / solved Edited

I have a dashboard space 

the login user don‘t have a personal space.

how can I show them their task?

i didn‘t find a original tool in the atlassian area.

i only heared, I need to write a macro.

i am not a software programmer, so who can help me?

best Henry 

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

Since you are on Confluence Server you can use a user macro to wrap the task report macro to supply the current user. The way you can do this would be to create a task report macro with all the parameters set up the way you want. Make sure to set yourself as the user (we will override this in a bit). You will need the Confluence Source Editor for this next part. It's an add-on made by Atlassian. This will give you the option to look at the storage format for your page which is a a semi-html looking format. Look for the xml for your macro setup. It should look something like this ...

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="{some numbers and letters}" ac:name="tasks-report-macro" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="assignees">
<ri:user ri:userkey="{some numbers and letters}"/>
</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

I accepted the defaults for most of the parameters so my example above only shows the assigness parameter. Yours may show more if you change some of the parameters from the default. But this will get us the storage format we will need to create a user macro. From here we can create a user macro where we will use all the settings you set but override the assignees section.

So, go create a new user macro with these settings ...

Macro Name:
current_user_task_report

Macro Title:
Current User Task Report

Description:
Create a report of tasks for the current user from specific locations, people, status and more.

Macro Body Processing:
No macro body

Template:

## @noparams
<ac:structured-macro ac:name="tasks-report-macro" ac:schema-version="1">
 <ac:parameter ac:name="assignees">
  <ri:user ri:userkey="$action.remoteUser.key"/>
 </ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

So the Template above will basically just be what you grabbed from the source editor but you will change the ...

<ri:user ri:userkey="{some numbers and letter}"/>

to 

Then save your user macro and use it wherever you want a task report that shows only the current user's tasks.

AnnWorley Atlassian Team May 10, 2018

Thank you for this superlative post @Davin Studer!

Hello @Davin Studer,

thx. This it is. It works. 1000 thx for your detailed Explanation.

Best Henry

Davin Studer Community Leader May 11, 2018

No problem. Please make sure to mark the question as answered. Thanks.

I did it in the headlin, or is there any other possibility ?

Davin Studer Community Leader May 11, 2018

There is a checkmark next to answers. Checking that mark it as the answer to the question.

Capture.PNG

thx, so i marked it as solved ;-) again 1000 thx

Hello Davin!

Your solution is great, although I've encountered that your macro shows only tasks where there is only one assignee or  user is first of all assignees in the task.

So, in other words, when in the task there are few assignees, the task is shown in the list only, when logged user is first of assignees.

I hope I made it clear. :)

Can you help with such issue?

Hi! Trying to get your brilliant tip to work, however i only get the following output when following your guide, any idea? 
- I do have task assigned to myself
- After changing the source to the below, the task report is empty.

Task report.png

Davin Studer Community Leader May 23, 2019

You can't do it by changing the source. You need to create a user macro. The source editor is simple to set the macro up the way you want initially and then to get the storage format for that setup. The user macro will then do the work of dynamically swapping out the user piece for you. By changing the source you are telling the macro to literally show tasks for the user "$action.remoteUser.key" ... which of course that user doesn't really exist.

Like Stian Espe likes this

Sorry about that, should have read more carefully thru your description.. 
Tested & Works.. =) Thanks!

0 votes
AnnWorley Atlassian Team May 08, 2018

Hi Henricus,

We do have the task report macro in Confluence. Use the Task Report macro to display a list of tasks on a page. Filter the tasks by space, page, user, label, created date and more.

Please let me know if that works for your case.

Thanks,

Ann

@AnnWorley

yes, i know, but set a filter for a user (static) but the filter should be dynamic. Only Show the Task for the logged in user.

@mr.x :  is spec

it should be something like

@loggedinuser (how to set)

what can i write into the field user to make the setting depending on the logged in user.

Best Henry

Like Tristan Douville likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence Cloud

Please tell us how you use Confluence space settings

👋 Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with im...

120 views 5 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you