How to show one Jira issue on a confluence page?

Mark DeSimone August 2, 2011

I like to track tasks in Jira and like to manage information in Confluence. So, when working on an issue, I create a task in Jira and create a page for it in Confluence and want to merge the two. So, I would like to show the Jira task on a confluence page. I see that there is a way to show a list of Jira tasks in Confluence, but I don't want that. Rather I would like to show only one Jira task on a page...the whole task, just as you see it in Jira...kind of like doing an iframe or include.

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2011

Hi Mark,

If you are running Confluence 3.5, you can use the "Insert JIRA Issue Dialog" to insert a reference to a single JIRA issue on a Confluence page (documentation here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Inserting+JIRA+Issues).

This does only display a brief summary of the issue, though (issue key, issue status and summary). Unfortunately there is no way to embed the details of an entire JIRA issue into a Confluence page out-of-the-box.

Some options you may consider:

• Enable the {html} macro on your Confluence instance (note: there are security implications) and manually embed an iframe into your page for the JIRA issue).
  • Develop a custom Gadget definition or Confluence macro to render the information you require

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events