Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show data from multiple pages vertically in columns?

Bea Tea June 19, 2022

I know how to use the page properties widget to pull data from multiple detail pages onto a single page horizonally.

Release A, Milestone 1, Milestone 2, Launch

Release B, Milestone 1, Milestone 2, Launch

Release C, Milestone 1, Milestone 2, Launch

Is there a way I can make this happen vertically so the page pulls from detailed pages to look like:

------------- Release A.     | Release B.    | Release C

Milestone 1.    RelA M1         | RelB M1        | RelC M1

Milestone 2.   Rel A M2        | RelB M2.       | RelC M2

Launch.          Rel A Launch | RelB Launch | RelC Launch

I do not want to use 10 different multi-excerpts across multiple release plans.

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Bea Tea ,

If your company uses our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, you may use its Table Transformer macro to simply transpose the Page Properties Report macro.

Just wrap your macro in the Table Transformer macro and check the required option (on the screenshot I transpose a manually created table but the Page Properties Report macro is fully supported):

Mon 5-1.pngMon 5-2.pngMon 5-3.png

Maybe this can help your case.

Bea Tea June 20, 2022

Thanks, i saw this in various posts but unfortunately the company does not support this feature.

2 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hey @Bea Tea

can you explain your use case in more detail? I'm very curious to know why you would need to change the orientation of your axes and what the benefit is. Maybe we can find another solution for your needs with the built in features in Confluence! :) 

I'm so curious because I'm sure you've noticed some limitations with page properties already, and we recently released Orderly Databases for Confluence to organize just this kind of structured content much more easily and enjoyably. (Here's the Atlassian community article about it)

release_list_overview.png

release_page.png

I think it could be a good fit for your use case. 

Best, Max

Bea Tea June 21, 2022

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t appreciate the help. The team prefers to see releases in column views similar to a Trello board view.

For every release, I have a detailed planning page. Rather than updating information multiple times/places, I want the ability to pull data from one page onto another.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events