• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to show an image (.png) that is already attached to page

Reworking a page with snapshots of webpages, where some of the snapshots show personal identifiable information. After deleting the image from the topic page, the image is still attached to the page (since it is accessible using the Attachments entry on three-dots dropdown). I can download the image to my desktop, rework it, and replace back as an attachment with the original name.

However, I want the image to appear in a different location from where it was. Easy, delete the image and re-insert in new location. Oops! where is re-insert?

So, the attachment is there, but not visible. I cannot find a way to re-expose the attached file on the topic page. I can list all the attachments (using the macro), and even insert the link to it into the topic. But, I want to be able to see it in the same way as if I had just pasted an image from clipboard.

It's got to be there somewhere, but I just cannot see it. Please advise.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Atlassian Team Jun 01, 2020

Hello @matt.wilson !

You should be able to find the file you uploaded to your page under “Recent Uploads” when you click the “Files & Images” button on the toolbar.

Currently, there is no Search function in this dialog box for file attachment.

The “Recent Uploads” should list all your uploads. If you select the file from there, no new attachment will be added to the page.

If you need more information how to manage files and images in Confluence, you can take a look here:

I hope this helps!

Well done. I knew it was supposed to be easy - and it is! I even got rid of all the PII images - permanently.

And I found out how to smudge parts of an image (click on the paintbrush on an image, then click on the pixellate button in palette - 4-squares).

Many thanks @Diego 

Diego Atlassian Team Jun 02, 2020

Hi @matt.wilson!

Great to know that you were able to achieve what you were looking for and also found some functionality that goes beyond that!

Come share with us again in the future.

Unfortunately, if you uploaded on a different computer or browser, I don't see the attachments?

Why can't I just select the attachment?

Hi

We have to move to the cloud (server version discontinued by Atlassian, not our decision). Now we have hundreds of pages with attachments. It is often necessary to re-insert an image from the attached files, after we converted a page to the new editor, because the page conversion fails.

The question is not if, the question is when Atlassian will make it possible to access/insert existing attachments.

The workaround (not acceptable!)

• Download image
  • Upload image
  • Insert image

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

177 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you