Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show absolute time and date

Martin Hansen August 24, 2016

How can we edit confluence pages to show the absolute date and time, instead of showing "edited just a minute ago"?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Soo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2016

Hi Martin,

If you're using an older version of Confluence, you may refer to the following KB to learn more :

Else, I've found two approaches to achieve absolute date and time format. Due to some changes made in the newer version of Confluence, the modification mentioned in the knowledge base article previously is not applicable anymore, partly due to this, these approaches will come with its compromises. So you may consider which approach you're going for.

Approach number one
  1. Open up {{<confluence-installation-directory>/confluence/decorator/includes/page-metadata.vm}} with your favorite text editor.
  2. Apply the following code :

#skiplink("page-metadata", $i18n.getText("assistive.skiplink.to.metadata.start"), $i18n.getText("assistive.skiplink.to.metadata.end"))
&lt;div class="page-metadata"&gt;
&lt;ul&gt;
&lt;li class="page-metadata-modification-info"&gt;
#pageByline($page $action.dateFormatter false)
&lt;/li&gt;
&lt;li&gt;
($dateFormatter.formatTime($page.lastModificationDate))
&lt;/li&gt;
&lt;/ul&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;
#end

As a result, you would be able to see the last modified time, but the "ago" still remain. The "ago" is a hyperlink that will lead you to the {{Page History}} page.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 11.21.58 PM.png

Approach number two

1. Open up {{<confluence-installation-directory>/confluence/decorator/includes/page-metadata.vm}} with your favorite text editor.
  2. Apply the following code :

#skiplink("page-metadata", $i18n.getText("assistive.skiplink.to.metadata.start"), $i18n.getText("assistive.skiplink.to.metadata.end"))
&lt;div class="page-metadata"&gt;
&lt;ul&gt;
&lt;li class="page-metadata-modification-info"&gt;
#pageByline($page $action.dateFormatter true)
&lt;/li&gt;
&lt;li&gt;
($dateFormatter.formatTime($page.lastModificationDate))
&lt;/li&gt;
&lt;/ul&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;
#end

With this, you'll be able to achieve the absolute date and time format, without having the "ago" anymore. However, the {{Page History}} hyperlink is gone whereby the date was unclickable. To access {{Page History}}, you would have to click on the option button located at the top right-hand corner of a page, then click on {{Page History}}.

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 11.21.27 PM.png

I hope this will help :)

Best Regards,
Jonathan

0 votes
Martin Hansen September 8, 2016

Hi!

Yes, this is what I'm looking for, thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events