How to show a list of recent JIRA issues for a certain project in a Confluence space?

Rick de Jong December 23, 2015

Lets say I have a project with project key TP and I can filter for issues associated to this project key in JIRA.

I would like to do the same with a Confluence space where it shows me a list of the recent JIRA issues of the project with project key TP. Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you! 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2015

It is most certainly possible. There are a couple of steps that you need to take to make this work.

1. Link Confluence and JIRA together as application links. You should also set the authentication up at this point as well so that your users can have single signon. 
  2. Then you can register any of the dashboard gadgets from JIRA in Confluence.
  3. Now you can use the insert macro to insert either a filter result or any of the dashboard gadgets that you registered in step 2.

More details at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html

Rick de Jong December 24, 2015

Yeah I literally just found this myself. Must have been blind as hell. Thanks :)

I'll just accept your answer as it is a bit more detailed.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2015

Hi @Rick de Jong Glad that you found my answer useful as well. Thanks for accepting it as an answer. Personally I find using the dashboard gadgets in Confluence very useful for stakeholders who are "scared" of JIRA as you can lay out your page with suitable explanations but still use the same gadgets/filters.

I can imagine haha. It does sound quite useful. Happy holidays!

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2015

@Rick de Jong Happy Holidays to you too. Mind you not sure what will people think of all these festive celebrations when they come across this answer in Mid July! :)

Well I hope they feel warm inside all the same but now I'm just getting off track ^^

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2015

I am sure they will and to go totally off track.... https://youtu.be/LANjvZbUbp0

Rick de Jong December 27, 2015

bad..... you are a bad influence haha

1 vote
Eduardo Nunes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2015

Hi Rick,

This is possible by adding the JIRA Issue macro in Confluence. You can then display a list of issues based on a JIRA Query Language (JQL). For example, the following query will find all issues in the 'TP' project:

project = "TP"

You can find full information regarding the macro in the link below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/jira-issues-macro-139380.html

Hope this helps you! Enjoy your holidays.

Haha yeah I just noticed this myself. I must have been blind for a sec. Thanks for the answer! Happy holidays!

0 votes

Well guess I was too hasty. Must have overlooked the answer.
When editing a Confluence space you can add a JIRA macro which allows you to filter using JQL. However this is not dynamic. You have to press refresh to renew the list.

Hope this helps any users who look for the same in the future! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events