Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a dynamic list of Confluence add-ons in Confluence page?

Nigel Harrison February 11, 2016

Is there a way to create a dynamic list of Confluence add-ons in a Confluence page. For example using Deck of Card, with each card being a sql query showing friendly names of the add-ons? I know about the PLUGINDATA table, but I would prefer user friendly names rather that the PLUGINKEY. Is there a way to do this? 

1 answer

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

This is actually quite easy to do with JSON Table Macro. I will publish an example of this soon, but, unfortunately it requires a slight modification to the support (LIBSCRPT-48) as the response from the <base_url>/rest/plugins/1.0/ api is not indicated as json.

In the meantime, you can download the data to an attachment for display.

Nigel Harrison February 11, 2016

Thanks for that Bob. I just checked our strategic instances and we have this installed. A Confluence example would be very helpful please?smile

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Good. So just download the results of the rest url and attach to a page. Use the json-table macro and point to the attachment. That will get you by until we can release an update that will get it directly. Use Insert -> Markup with the following. Temporarily modify it for the attachment.

{json-table:url=rest/plugins/1.0/|paths=plugins|fieldPaths=name,key,version,description,vendor.name,static,userInstalled,usesLicensing,enabled|user=automation|password=*******}
{json-table}
Nigel Harrison February 12, 2016

Thank you, that worked a treat. What is the time frame for this release, is there a ticket for this I could vote on? Additionally, our instance is SSL so we'll need credentials to make the REST call. Is it possible to pick up SSO credentials?

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2016

Watch LIBSCRPT-48. We don't have a timeframe for a release, but should have a snapshot in the near term. Yes, we should be able to access without credentials for a local (same server) request. Will confirm that when testing. In that case, only viewers that have admin access will be able to see anything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events