Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a second datasource in confluence?

John Constantinou September 18, 2012

Hello,

I would like to configure a second datasource in confluence. From the manual "Database Setup for Oracle" it gives an example for setting up only one datasource: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Database+Setup+for+Oracle. Does anyone know how i can do that?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

John

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

On the Confluence side, you just add another "resource" section.

However, I'm really not sure that's of any help to you because I don't know why you want to set up a new datasource (although I can think of a few possibilities, I'm not going to guess and wander off in the wrong direction) That will make it available for use inside Confluence, but you'll then need to write stuff to actually use it...

Hi Nic,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I have already added that in server.xml and web.xml of tomcat but somehow i have to link that with confluence (smth. like java:comp/env/jdbc/confluence) as i did for the first one. I need this as i am connecting with two databases.

Thank you once again!

Best Regards,

John

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

I don't know what you mean by "link that with confluence", or what you want to do with the second connection?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2012

You're missing the point, sorry, I'm not being clear.

Why do you want to connect to two databases? What is the goal?

I mean when you set up confluence with an external database you have to provide the name of the datasource. In the setup there is no other choice of providing a second name. I am doing this because I want to connect at these two databases at the same time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2012

I'm afraid I still don't understand. What are you actually trying to do? I understand that you want to access data in another database, but what do you want to do with it?

Ou sorry...because the data that i am retrieving from these two databases are different and the thing is that i can not change that in order to put everything in one.

Hi Nic, the documentation is for the confluence as a whole and not for a plugin. I think for a plugin you can add as many datasources as you want.

Greetings,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2012

I'm well aware of that. It only covers a single datasource because Confluence only uses one, but the theory applies if you want to make more available. What matters is what you actually want to do with another datasource, which you aren't saying.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

Normally you define additional datasources for use by the SQL Plugin for Confluence

Hi Bob,

Yes i actually found that example, and it works :)!

Thank you all for your help!

Greetings,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events