How to setup a automatic mail notification to confluence page owner

Purushothaman Panneerselvam June 5, 2023

How to setup a automatic mail notification to confluence page owner when his page is not updated for more than 60 days

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2023

Automation for Confluence is capable of implementing some basic email notification logic, for example, to send an email to the page author (like it's shown in an answer to this question).

In an organization, especially on the enterprise level, the author can be very different from the page owner, who is responsible for a piece of content (policies, guidelines, processes, etc.). The original author may also leave the company, and then your automation rule is broken.

Automation for Confluence doesn't handle page owners for you, while a dedicated Confluence content lifecycle management app, like Better Content Archiving, does.

You can set one or multiple users as page owners (for a single page or page trees!) and then set up your custom notification workflow to send emails to them when certain criteria are met.

better-content-archiving-confluence-set-page-owner.gif

Give it a try for free and use all features for free up to 10 users.

(Note that Better Content Archiving is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Puru Panneerselvam June 7, 2023

Thanks Levente Szabo _Midori_. 

This is exactly what I am looking for.

I have already downloaded  Better Content Archiving. Can you please help me with a CQL script to set criteria as Page not updated for more than 'N' no. of days.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2023

Sure! I would do the following:

1. Define a status for your "not updated for N days" requirement, and call it "Expired". Notice that when you are setting up your Confluence page status in Better Content Archiving, there are useful CQL tips (the stars icon next to the CQL field), including what you are looking for:

better-content-archiving-cql-tips.png

So the CQL in your case would be

arch.event.lastUpdatedOn < now("-60d")

2. Then you can simply use this status in your notification setting and say 

arch.status = "Expired"

expired-pages-notification.png

If you continue to have questions or want to discuss something specific to your use case, please reach out to us via our support so we can help!

Like Puru Panneerselvam likes this
2 votes
Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2023

Hi ,

You can make use of Automation rule in Confluence Cloud.
The basic rule would look like this:

automation_confluence_mail.png

Here you can learn more about Automation in Confluence:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/create-automation-rules-in-confluence/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events