Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up public space with different formatting

Deborah Cross May 29, 2016

We're using Confluence for our Intranet and want to set up an additional space for our Customer knowledge base. The configuration which works for our Intranet (items on the menu bar, Confluence/JIRA logo etc.) do not really apply to the customer space.

Can I configure each differently? Apart from just the colours? Our Customers don't need access to the dashboard or to our menu items. 

We're on cloud too, so we don't get themes. 

4 answers

0 votes
Deborah Cross May 30, 2016

Thanks Nick - appreciate the response. I was prepared to turn off the space directory entirely, but you can't do it in cloud, so we'll just have to live with it. Actually most of the things I'm trying to 'hide' don't seem to be possible in cloud.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2016

The dashboard and space directory are configured globally - you can't turn them off for external people and have them enabled for internals (although removing "browse users" from external users will help a bit)

0 votes

Oh, and get rid of the dashboard.

0 votes

So I figured out how to hide our menu items, but the space directory is still there. If I could disable that, I think we'd be close to happy.

Trina Morrow December 6, 2017

@Deborah CrossHow did you hide the menu items?

Deborah Cross December 10, 2017

Hi Trina - this post was before the current look and feel for confluence was rolled out. Now I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing or what our public users see!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events