How to set up a suggestion forum in Confluence?

I want to create a forum for our employees to use to submit improvement ideas in every area of the business.

Ideally, there would be subforums for areas like "Administration", " Manufacturing", "Projects",
"Maintenance", "Human Resources", etc.

Employees would have the ability to ask a question or to make a suggestion and managers and other employees could comment on those threads.

Threads should therefore be categorizable (and searchable) by operational area, topic tags, and post type (comment or suggestion).

How would I do this? I'm considering that this should be it's own space in Confluence (separate from our training and operating procedures site, for example).

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

There are a number of add ons that mimic forums:

Why not use Confluence Questions just like this site does?

Or bung them in JIRA so you've got more clever reporting and a workflow. (Actually, I'd continue with the forum idea in Confluence as it's better for fleshing out ideas, then you can use the select-right-click to create batches of JIRA issues when you're sure you've got a good task list)

you could use the metadata macro in combination with a page template if a flat Forum would be ok with you. It would Show you a table with the columns you defined and the number of likes and comments

Suggest an answer

Stay in touch

Be the first to know what's trending on Atlassian Community

Community showcase
Thomas Schlegel
Published Dec 01, 2017 in Confluence

The Admin's Advent Calendar

...to define a fixed size for the panels on a page like that: The macro has no body. Its template looks like that: ## @param 0:title=Width|type=string|required=true|desc=Width in Pixel (important: add...

4,155 views 13 23
Read article