How to set service account authentication method (JWT) in confluence

Vasil Nikolov October 15, 2020

Hi,

I am looking for some help to set up an authentication method for our service accounts in confluence, so other platforms can use them to make API calls.

We have Confluence Data Center, and we are looking for a way to use the API's by service accounts to help manage the platform and provide integrations to the other platforms in our environment. 
But we are facing problems with the programmatic authentication to the platform, for the other platforms we are using JWT (JSON Web Token) authentication and we would like to do the same for the Confluence.
I was trying to follow the following article : https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/How-to-make-REST-API-endpoints-available-for-JWT-authentication/ but I could not understand how I can implement that, more specifically where I should set the `TokenAuthWhitelistOK` , I think I understood the XML part where I am allowing additional resource to be exposed, but I dont understand how to implement it all together including the generation of the JSON file etc.

The other authentication options I found were : Basic Authentication and OAuth 1.0 , and I taught the best option would be JWT.

Is there a tutorial, reference or example that I could use to implement the JWT so I can have a proper authentication method for the service accounts?
Is there any other preferred option for programmatic authentication to confluence, that are also well secure?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events