Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select a Comala Workflow state directly at Confluence Cloud

RICO Diego December 2, 2020

Hi!

Is there a way to choose directly wich workflow state I want to move my article?
At the Comala Workflows for Confluence server I was able to design my workflow in a way that was not necessary to always use the Approve/Reject method. I could just select the available states for transition from a drop down list, like this:

image.png
Now it fews a bit limited with the pre defined Approved/Rejected/Updated/Expired options. It doesn't give me the same freedom from the server version.

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daryl Karan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Hi Rico, 

I appreciate your email and your continued interest in Comala Family of apps to add process and control to your Confluence content. Given that we are an app vendor on Atlassian's ecosystem, Comala can only provide features when technically available to us. 

Currently the ability to add additional transitions like Submit and Select States are not technically available to us. With that that being said, what I would recommend is use the approval transition and customize the Action Buttons so the author can submit the Approval to the next state. 

At this time we can not provide an ETA as too when and if these additional Transitions will be available in the Cloud app. 

If you have questions or need any additional information on this (or anything else), just let us know. 

Regards, 
Daryl 

RICO Diego December 2, 2020

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for your answer.

Your suggestion for the Action Buttons customization can help in some aspects, but there are other situations which one must choose among different paths for the workflow and the amount of transition might not be enough, since we can choose only one time each. Do you have further suggestion for this?

Best regards,
Diego

Like Cecilia likes this
0 votes
Daryl Karan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2021

Hi Diego, 

I hope this message finds you well, 

I happy to announce that we've implemented a new feature that allows our customers to use a Select Transition. This feature works similarly to that of our Server app, in which you could just select the available states for transition from a drop down list. 

You can find more information on how to include this in your workflow here: 

If you have any questions on this, feel free to email me directly or send in a support ticket. 

Have a great day, 
Daryl 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events