How to see the number of current active users?

Marine Lacourie November 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing your Confluence License

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to see the numbers of active users in both JIRA and Confluence.

Can you please tell me where I can find them?

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

Hi Marine,

From either JIRA or Confluence: User Management > Application Access.

Mohamed Lee October 11, 2019

It seems not to be available in version 

Confluence 6.15.2

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

there are two ways to get number of active users:

By group membership

For JIRA number of active user is users is groups:

• jira-administrators
  • jira-users

For Confluence - all members of groups listed into Global premision.

By licence details

Also you can go to

• JIRA - admin panel / licence details
  • Confluence/admin panel / admin /licence details

Phebe Brown June 26, 2018

So inactive users count against your license if they are not also removed from the jira-users and jira-administrators groups?

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2018

Hi Phebe,

No, once you deactivate a user they no longer count against your licence.  It doesn't matter what groups they are in (or not in), just whether they are active or inactive.

Phebe Brown July 18, 2018

Thanks @Rob Woodgate

0 votes
Sara K July 31, 2023

@Marine Lacourie +1 to what has already been mentioned above. You can also try using a SaaS management platform such as License Logic

They'll have this info readily available + other important info such as forecasted spend, usage by department, etc. 

0 votes
Nagaarjun Nagarajan March 20, 2019

Hi, 

In JIRA, you can see that under "security" -> "user session". The total count will be on the top of the page. 

Verona Fule April 2, 2019

For which version does this apply? Currently searching the same but unable to locate this security > user session.

Like Steve likes this
Mohamed Lee October 11, 2019

I can't find this in Confluence 6.15.2

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2019
Mohamed Lee October 14, 2019

Hi @Vasiliy Zverev ,

thank you for your answer, but I am searching for a function to check, if someone is logged in atm, or is currently working on a page. 
It's more about restarting confluence VM without disturbing users...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events