How to search in child pages from parent page

Praveen V August 6, 2019

From ParentPage I have have hierarchy of two levels. These are for tracking inventory. All the child pages(leaf) contain a table with device and username (@xyz). I want to have a method to search if one particular user is using any of the devices in child pages.

Inventory(Parent)--> Type of Device(1st level childpage)-->ListOfDevices&Users(2ndlevel childpage).

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

Hi @Praveen V - don't know if I'm getting you right - did you check out the Page Tree Search Macro

This should work out perfect - put it on Parent Page and search for user. It's set automatically on parent page as root page. 

Praveen V August 6, 2019

Page Tree Search Macro is just returning Child Pages if search keywords are matching with Page name

Praveen V August 10, 2019

Its working if I give exact userId. But not with @User.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Praveen V - did you try setting the filter 'Mentioning User' after the first result?

image.png image.png

This should give the wanted result

0 votes
Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

We have simplified searching with Canned Search for Confluence to allow contextual searching anytime anywhere. With Search in Child/Descendents/Space menu options, you can save the effort to edit the pages to add search macros.

Search by Title in Children.gif

Check out our guide (How to search within a group of pages) for detailed steps

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2019

Hi @Praveen V - sorry but that's not true. It's a perfect full working search which just gives you back a result according your Ancestors ID AND your search text - it leads you to a Result site where you are also able to filter your results. 

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events