It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to search in child pages from parent page

From ParentPage I have have hierarchy of two levels. These are for tracking inventory. All the child pages(leaf) contain a table with device and username (@xyz). I want to have a method to search if one particular user is using any of the devices in child pages.

Inventory(Parent)--> Type of Device(1st level childpage)-->ListOfDevices&Users(2ndlevel childpage).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Praveen V - don't know if I'm getting you right - did you check out the Page Tree Search Macro

This should work out perfect - put it on Parent Page and search for user. It's set automatically on parent page as root page. 

Page Tree Search Macro is just returning Child Pages if search keywords are matching with Page name

Its working if I give exact userId. But not with @User.

Hi @Praveen V - did you try setting the filter 'Mentioning User' after the first result?

image.png image.png

This should give the wanted result

0 votes

Hi @Praveen V - sorry but that's not true. It's a perfect full working search which just gives you back a result according your Ancestors ID AND your search text - it leads you to a Result site where you are also able to filter your results. 

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

67 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you