How to search for user mentions using the livesearch macro?

LookingForHelp May 5, 2023

Hi there,

I added the livesearch macro to a page. I want to use the macro to find other pages where a specific user is mentioned. For example, when typing "Superman", I want to find all pages of a defined space, where the user Superman ist mentiond (@Superman).

Using the macro to search for other content works fine. However, I cannot find user mentions.

Do you know how to do that?

Best,

LookingForHelp

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2023

Hi @LookingForHelp ,

I'm afraid the Livesearch Macro won't do the job.

You may think about this workaround:

• Type the username (! not the full name that is @mentioned) in the regular search field, filter results to the desired space and the content type page.

Note this will only work if the usernames in your instance are designed in a way they wouldn't appear in a regular text. (In my instance this works bc usernames consist of an alphanumeric key). If this is not the case for you, click on "Advanced search". On the results page you can not only filter by content type and space, as you know it from the quick search, but also add the filter Mentioning user at the bottom left. In this case you wouldn't need to enter anything in the search field.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hi @LookingForHelp welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please be informed, when you search for the specified person with @ mentioned, the spaces data will populate for that user per their contributions.

Alternatively, their profile will also be visible in the search results. You can click on that tagged person profile and see the complete list of activities across the spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events